1 bunch kale, stems removed
1 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
¼ cup sunflower seeds
¼ cup red onion, chopped
1/3 cup dried cranberries
½ green apple, chopped
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1. Wash and dry kale.
2. Stack leaves, roll up and cut into thin ribbons.
3. Put kale in a large bowl and cover with salt.
4. Massage salt into leaves with your hands for about 2 minutes or until it looks wet and broken down.
5. Transfer kale to a fresh bowl and discard any leftover liquid.
6. Mix in onion, cranberries, apple and sunflower seeds.
7. Dress with oil and vinegar and toss.