Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love. -Rumi
Foods for a Healthy Heart:
- Grains (whole wheat, brown rice, oats)
- Silicon Foods: cucumber, celery, lettuce, oatstraw tea, barley gruel, oat goat tea
- Fruit: mulberries and lemons- calm the mind. Schisandra berries- calm the spirit.
- Seeds: jujube seeds- nourish the heart.
- Spices: dill and basil- give a calming effect.
- Herbs: chamomile, scullcap, valerian- help with insonmia and nerves.
- Animal Products: quality cow and goat milk- nourish the spirit of the heart.
- Oyster shell- for the yin of the heart.
* Pitchford, Paul. Healing with Whole Foods, 2002.