Tai Chi, Qi Gong, Yoga
These three ancient practices offer a gentle and mindful way to fitness. They are low impact, making them ideal for people who are just beginning a fitness program as well as seasoned fitness buffs. Through breath awareness, these disciplines incorporate a meditative component which helps reduce anxiety and stress and increases strength, balance and core conditioning.
All three practices work on opening up the meridians in the body to allow Chi, Qi or Prana to move freely. The movements are slow and deliberate drawing attention to posture and spinal alignment. By directing the mind to focus on the movements and breath, outside distractions begin to fall away allowing the individual to become calm and balanced.
Some of the reported benefits include:
- Improved strength, conditioning, coordination, and flexibility
- Reduced pain and stiffness
- Better balance and lower risk of falls
- Enhanced sleep
- Greater stamina and vitality
- Reduced stress
- Enhanced immune system
- Improved cardiovascular, respiratory, circulatory, lymphatic, and digestive function
- Lower blood pressure
- Greater awareness, calmness, and overall sense of well being
We are beginning our new Senior Morning Series, Forever Fit, the week of September 15th at 10 am including Yoga, Tai Chi, Qi Gong, Dance and Strength & Flexibility Training. Call for more information.